- 20 ml Olive Oil
- 200 g Streaky Bacon, diced
- 800 g Boneless stewing meat (chuck works well)
- 2 Onions, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2 Litre Beef Stock
- 1 Can Fine Tomatoes
- 5 ml Dried Thyme
- 5 ml Crushed Red Chilli
- 3 Carrots, peeled and skinned
- 8 Baby Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Green Pepper, diced (you can leave this out, I do)
- Lemon or Lime Juice (about a tablespoon)
- And of course – fresh bread from the oven!
This is what you do:
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pot, add the bacon and meat and brown. Add the onions and the garlic and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, herbs and chilli and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 1 /12 hours with the lid on.
- Add all the veggies and simmer for another hour or until the meat is softened. Add the lemon or lime juice and garnish with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with freshly made bread! It just couldn’t be easier.
Recipe given by: Daniëlle Terblanche from Deli-icious Catering
To order call 012-335-0051, 079-617-3122 or send a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit their website: http://www.deliciouscatering.co.za