This post is also available in: English
Local fertiliser producers are a national asset and provide ease of mind for farmers who may rest assured that this vital input will always be available.
ETG invested in the construction of a state-of-the-art blending facility in the Lusaka South Multi-Facility Economic Zone. The main purpose of the plant is to increase the company’s capacity to blend more fertilisers to meet the increasing demand of both local and international markets.
The new plant was commissioned and opened on 15 December 2017. It will increase production from the current 80 tonnes per day at the old plant in Mukwa Road to 350 tonnes per day. The plant will produce blended fertilisers. This is a class of fertiliser tailor made to provide exactly the right nutrition for a specific crop in a specific field. These products are crop specific, soil specific, lime enriched and organic matter enriched.
The plant consists of the following sections:
- a) Lime filler granulation;
- b) Organic filler production – with pelletising and crushing; and
- c) Blending section, which is the main production section supported by bagging of various sizes of 50 kg, 25 kg, 10 kg to 5 kg. Kynoch products are also repacked in sachets of 5 kg downwards for the benefit of smaller farmers. The finished products from the plant include Kynoch Plus and Zambian Fertilisers brands of blended products.
In addition, ETG is investing in a distribution network across the country to ensure that fertilisers and agrochemicals are available to farmers in rural areas. Their approach is to establish all-weather depots that serve farmers throughout the year. As the country is moving towards diversified and export orientated agriculture, this plant is strategic to support growth of the agriculture sector. The Zambian Fertilisers brands of soil specific, crop specific, lime enriched and organic matter enriched fertilisers are tailored towards supporting vegetable production and are available for farmers to engage in vegetable production throughout the year
Benefits of blended products
- They increase soil fertility levels
- Better water and nutrient holding capacity
- Helps stabilise pH
- Improves soil structure, especially aeration
- Increase micro-organisms in the soil for efficient nutrient uptake by plants
- Introduction of organic micronutrients, zinc, boron, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese and calcium
All investors in crop production are invited to contact ETG for their soil specific, crop specific, lime enriched and organic matter enriched fertiliser needs.